ทุนสร้างผู้นำ ALA ระดับโท-เอก
AusAID หน่วยงานการศึกษาของประเทศออสเตรเลียประจำประเทศไทย แจ้งข่าวรัฐบาลออสเตรเลียประกาศให้ทุนสร้างผู้นำรุ่นใหม่ The Australian Leadership Awards (ALA) ไปศึกษาวิจัยในหลากหลายสาขาที่ประเทศออสเตรเลีย โดยเปิดรับสมัครแล้วไปจนถึงวันที่ 30 มิ.ย.ศกนี้
The Australian Leadership Awards (ALA) is a prestigious scholarship program offering leadership training and postgraduate education opportunities in Australia to students across Asia and the Pacific. It is among a suite ofscholarship programs offered as part the Australia Awards initiative, launched by Australian Prime Minister KevinRudd in November 2009.
The Australian Leadership Awards is designed to enhance leadership and linkages within the Asia‐Pacific region by offering funding for high achievers to undertake study at Masters and Doctorate levels in leading Australian universities.
Scholars pursue degrees in a range of developmentrelated topics, including: disability, economic growth, education,environment, food security, gender, governance, health, human rights, infrastructure, regional stability, rural development and water & sanitation.As well as providing higher education degrees, ALA Scholarships offer scholars the opportunity to participate in a
Leadership Development Program to strengthen their leadership skills, establish networks with scholars from other countries and enhance their understanding of regional development challenges.
Candidates from Narathiwat, Pattani and Yala or those who work on issues relating to these three southern provinces in Thailand are especially encouraged to apply for for an ALA scholarship.
Applications for scholarships commencing in the 2011 academic year open on 10 March 2010 and close on 30 June 2010.
Mandatory requirements for ALAS application*:
- A strong record of tertiary academic achievement;
- Proficiency in the English language, demonstrated by an IELTS test score with an overall result of at least 6.5 and with a score of 6 or more on each individual band (with test results achieved within two years the application date):; or the equivalent level of TOEFL (see the AusAID scholarship website for details)
- An Unconditional Letter of Offer from an Australian university;
- Not having held a foreign scholarship in the 24 months preceding the application (24 months calculated from the date of the arrival back in home country to the closing date for receipt of ALA Scholarship applications – 30 June 2010.
- Willingness to return to Thailand for at least two years immediately upon completion of the ALA
Scholarship program to help build capacity in Thailand.
Information provided here is only part of the information that you need to consider before applying. For detailed information on ALAS please visit : www.ausaid.gov.au/scholar/default.cfm or contact: AusAID, the Australian Embassy at the telephone number 02‐344 6301